As you celebrate the 4th of July with family and friends, Bryan & Bryan Inspections would like to remind you of some simple yet essential safety guidelines for a happy and healthy Independence Day. These three tips are great for any kind of celebration but are especially helpful as families across the country are enjoying the day off and spending time with loved ones.
1. Pool Safety Tips
July is the perfect month to enjoy some much-needed downtime in the water. Regardless of where you live in the United States, it’s typically the hottest and sunniest month of the year. Take these safety tips into consideration whenever you or your children are splashing in the water:
- Always supervise children that are in or near the pool.
- Have floatation devices available for those who are not yet able to swim.
- Watch the weather and get out of the water at the first sign of a thunderstorm.
- Stay out of the water for 30 minutes after the last lightning strike or thunder boom.
2. Grilling Safety Tips
Can it even be the fourth of July without an outdoor picnic? Whether you’re having a good old-fashioned barbecue in your backyard or attending a community barbecue celebration, follow these tips for a safe and delicious Fourth of July picnic:
- Instead of leaving food out in the hot sun, keep it in a cooler filled with ice until you’re ready to grill or eat.
- Always supervise the grill while cooking.
- Use long-handled tools, oven mitts, or barbecue-safe gloves to keep yourself from getting burned.
- Make sure the grill is out of the way of any activity such as children playing outdoor games or adults gathering around a picnic table.
3. Fireworks Safety Tips
Almost everyone enjoys fireworks. While sparklers and other fireworks are an Independence Day tradition, you can have fun and stay safe at the same time with these tips:
- Keep a good supply of water close by in case the fireworks malfunction.
- Only light one firework at a time.
- Keep fireworks away from pets and small children.
- The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a firework show hosted by your local community.
Happy Fourth of July!
Most of all, we’d like to wish you and your family a very happy Fourth of July! If you’re buying or selling a home, make sure your family will be safe in their new residence, by scheduling a home inspection with us today. We serve Houston and all surrounding areas with our professional inspection services that include mold inspections, pest control services, stucco services, and commercial inspections. Call (866) 484-8318 to get a quote now or schedule your inspection online.
Source: “How to Have a Safe 4th of July.” Web article. Red Cross. The American National Red Cross, 23 Jun. 2021. Web. 29 Jun. 2022.