No homeowner likes the thought of a termite infestation. Those little critters and their tell-tale signs are not welcome, because they mean damage (or potential damage) to the place you call home. Bryan & Bryan Inspections
, a termite inspection contractor, gives Houston
homeowners a few tips on termites.
Know the signs.
can run rampant if you don’t know the signs of potential infestation. You want to keep a lookout, so that if you see the signs, you can respond in a timely manner. Here are a few signs of potential termite infestation (the last five brought to you from Termite101.org
- structural damage
- mildew scent
- termite droppings
- mud tunnels on wood
- termite swarmers
- discarded termite wings
- termite mounds
Don’t make your home an invitation.
While the bulk of termite control
should be left to professionals, you can do a few things to help deter these unwanted insects. The following is a list from Termites101.org
of some at-home ways you can assist in termite prevention
Bryan & Bryan Inspections
- Seal gaps and cracks around your home’s foundation, attic vents, window joints and eaves.
- Limit entry points and food sources for termites by removing foam insulation and wood that touches the ground.
- Regularly inspect decks and wooden fences for signs of damage.
- Store firewood, lumber, wood chips and mulch away from your home’s foundation and crawl spaces.
- Clean gutters and downspouts to remove debris.
- Keep shrubs and landscaping at least 6 inches away from your home to limit shelter and excess moisture.
offers an in-home pest prevention consultation. With this service, we can take a look at your home and give you suggestions for ways you can keep termites at bay.
Act quickly—and call the professionals.
“Termite control is not a do-it-yourself project, however; homeowners should always hire a certified pest management professional when treating or preventing termite infestations,” says Bob Vila
. Proper termite and pest control
takes a know-how about these creatures and the proper methods of getting rid of them.
So, your best bet to prevent or get rid of termites is to schedule a termite inspection
with a certified inspector. If you live in Houston, TX
or the surrounding cities of Pearland
, Sugar Land
, or Katy
, Bryan & Bryan Inspections is the termite inspector and termite control team you can trust. Check out our online reviews
, and contact us
today at (281) 484-8318