As the leaves start to change and the weather cools down, it's time to start thinking about fall landscaping and gardening. Here are some landscaping & gardening tips to help you make the most of your outdoor space this season.
1. Plant fall-blooming flowers: Consider planting fall-blooming flowers such as mums, asters, and pansies to add some color to your garden. These flowers can withstand cooler temperatures and will bloom well into the fall.
2. Clean up your garden: Clear out any dead plants and debris from your garden beds to prevent disease and pests from overwintering. Compost any healthy plant material or dispose of it properly.
3. Aerate and fertilize your lawn: Fall is a great time to aerate and fertilize your lawn. This will help your grass grow stronger roots and prepare it for the winter months.
4. Plant trees and shrubs: Fall is the perfect time to plant trees and shrubs as the cooler temperatures and increased rainfall help them establish their roots before winter.
5. Protect your plants: As the weather starts to cool down, make sure to protect your plants from frost and freeze. Cover them with a blanket or burlap sack overnight to keep them warm.
By following these landscaping and gardening tips for fall, you can ensure that your outdoor space looks beautiful and healthy throughout the season. Happy gardening!
For more information on home inspections and how to get ready for them, contact Bryan & Bryan today at (866) 484-8318 to schedule an inspection. We provide other inspections such as pest control services, stucco services, sewer scopes, irrigation inspections, and more.