Buying one’s first home is an exciting time. It can also be overwhelming to be a first time homeowner. Here are 5 things you should know about maintaining your new home:
1. Keep up with regular cleaning and maintenance tasks, such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning lint out of the dryer vent, and changing air filters.
2. Learn how to handle basic repairs, such as unclogging a toilet, reapplying caulk in appropriate areas, or fixing a leaky faucet.
3. Schedule regular inspections of your home's major systems, such as HVAC and plumbing, to catch any issues early on.
4. Make sure to address any issues, no matter how small, before they turn into bigger and more expensive problems.
5. Stay organized and keep records of all repairs, maintenance, and upgrades you make to your home.
If you have the opportunity to attend your home inspection appointment, don’t be shy about asking the inspector if they have any other tips on how to maintain the important systems in your home. Contact Bryan & Bryan Inspections today by calling (866) 484-8318 or schedule an inspection now. We also offer mold inspections, commercial inspections, stucco services, new construction inspections, and more.