You probably never think about what goes into a home inspection until you need one, right? The team at Bryan & Bryan Inspections is glad to offer some detailed information into what we look for when we inspect homes in Sugar Land, TX, and the surrounding areas. While this is not an exhaustive list, as there can be a variety of issues and problems due to the wide range of homes in the area, it is an extensive guide to the most common problems we look for when conducting certified residential inspections.
Ground & Exterior Issues
When inspecting a Sugar Land home, some of the most common issues are discovered before even entering the home. Our technicians check all outdoor structures and the grounds for these issues:
- Standing water.
- Septic tank leaks.
- Damage to outdoor structures such as fences, walls, doors, garage, and decks.
- Insufficient railings on stairs and decks.
- Downspouts that are not directed away from the home.
All roofs are different, depending on their age, how they were installed, and the type of material used. This is why we watch for the following problems when inspecting a home’s roof:
- Excess roofing cement, tar, or caulk.
- Decay or damage to soffits and fascia.
- Visible patches, cracks, or splits.
- Cracked or stained stucco.
- Sagging or missing gutters.
Window & Door Damage
Windows and doors should be properly installed and effectively sealed, with no broken or cracked glass. Other problems we look for include:
- Improperly secured wood frames and wood trim.
- Rotted or decaying wood trim.
- Window frames that are incorrectly sealed.
Structural problems can cause unseen damage that can lead to expensive repairs in the future. Our inspection team protects our clients by searching for these types of problems:
- Sagging or bowed sides of the home.
- Crooked window and door frames.
- Cracked or damaged foundation.
One-Stop Shop for All Your Home Inspection Needs
Since 1994, we’ve been serving the Sugar Land area including Houston, Pearland, The Woodlands, Friendswood, and Katy. Contact us at (281) 484-8318, or get a quote online today. We also provide many other inspection services, such as mold inspections, pest control, stucco services, and more.
“Home Inspector’s Checklist for 2018.” Blog article. RJ Home Inspections. 27 Feb. 2018. Web. 15 Oct. 2020.