1. What is covered during the home inspection? Make sure the home inspector’s services meet the minimum state requirements and that he or she has the proper certifications. The inspection company may offer some additional services beyond what’s required or give you the option to add specialty services, like a mold inspection or termite inspection, at an add-on rate.
2. May I be present during the inspection? If a home inspector answers “no” to this question, turn around and walk the other way. You should always have the option to be present at the time of the inspection, and we at Bryan & Bryan Inspections highly recommend that you be there.
3. Do I need to be aware of home concerns specific to this region? Many people move to Houston from other parts of Texas or the United States. Different regions are known for having common house concerns, and you want to be aware of what these concerns are and whether your home inspection covers them. For example, if your area is known for having foundation issues, you want to know how the inspector checks the home’s foundation or whether additional services are necessary.
4. How long is a typical home inspection? You likely set aside time from your job or have to arrange for childcare in order to be present at the home inspection. Be sure to ask how long an inspection usually lasts so you can make the proper arrangements and are not caught off guard.
5. What type of inspection report do you provide? The next steps in your home-buying process depend on the inspector’s report. Therefore, you will want to have a detailed, written inspection report available in a timely manner. Be sure that the home inspector is also willing to go over the details of the report with you and answer any questions or concerns you might have. If you’re purchasing a home in the Houston area, be sure to contact the inspection team at Bryan & Bryan Inspections, Inc. a call at (281) 484-8318. We’ll gladly answer all your questions so you can confidently move forward in your home-buying journey.
#homeinspector #HoustonTX #HomeInspections #tips #Houstonhomeinspector #hiringahomeinspector